stump's Pokémon Red/Blue Key Item Randomizer
Things to be aware of
- Blue's sister will give you her item if you are past the first fight, even if you have not yet delivered Oak's Parcel.
- You can exit Cerulean through the Dig house without visiting Bill first.
- You can enter Silph Co. without visiting Mr. Fuji first. (You still do need to defeat Giovanni in Silph to unlock the Saffron Gym.)
- In exchange for Pokémon Tower no longer being a hard requirement, use of a Poké Doll on the ghost Marowak has been patched.
- The Cut tree between Diglett's Cave and the right gatehouse on Route 2 has been removed.
- The Tea from FireRed/LeafGreen has been added; nothing other than the Tea will allow you into Saffron. (It is randomized like all other key items.)
- Arrow tile movement in Game Corner and the Viridian Gym has been sped up to walking speed.
- Capture requirements for the HM05 and Itemfinder locations have been reduced to 6 and 12, respectively.
- Oak's Aides, the Bike Shop salesman, and the prompts for picking up the fossils will tell you the randomized item.
- All other references to key items in text, outside the immediate act of actually getting the item, will remain unchanged.
- Bike Shop instant text has been patched. No need to worry about invalidating your run when checking what item is there!
Randomize a ROM
No ROM images are hosted or stored on this server.
This randomizer is free and open source software.
Please send any questions and feedback (including bug reports) to stump's Discord or the project issue tracker.